Investing in Safety, Hope, Healing, Justice, and Prevention for Victims of Sexual and Domestic Violence.
- Get Help
- Get Educated
- Get Involved
- Latest News
- Contact Us
Denton County Friends of the Family provides individuals the opportunity to meet their Court Appointed Community Service hours.
All Friends of the Family Community Service Volunteers must complete their hours at the Friends of the Family Thrift Store located at 1614 W. University, Denton, Texas, 76201. The store is open Monday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm.
Community Service Volunteers must complete the following steps before becoming a Friends of the Family volunteer.
1. Complete the Community Service Application
2. Criminal Background Check – All volunteers are subject to a criminal background check as part of the application process.
3. You will receive a follow up email with next steps once the application is complete.
4. There is a one-time, non-refundable $10 administrative fee for community service applicants. Your application cannot be processed without this fee.
Payment methods: You can pay this fee in person by bringing cash to the Thrift Store, or you can pay online here in the form of a donation. If you pay online be sure to leave a comment noting that it is for your community service application.
5. BE SURE TO NOTE THE FOLLOWING: