The Volunteer Process
In order to become a volunteer at Friends of the Family, the following steps must be complete:
1. Download our Volunteer Application (All volunteers are subject to a criminal background check, as well as a Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry check. These forms are included in the application. The Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry check form must be filled out in ink and notarized.)
2. Schedule a time to attend Volunteer Orientation. View and register for upcoming orientations here. The application does not have to be turned in prior to attending orientation; you can fill out the application at orientation.
2. Once all forms have been completed AND notarized, it will take up to three weeks for your application to be cleared.
Group Application Process
In order for a group to volunteer with Friends of the Family, the following steps must be completed:
1. The main contact must download our Volunteer Application and complete it in its entirety.
2. All group members above the age of 18, must complete the Background Check Form found here.
3. If volunteering at the shelter or Outreach Office, all volunteers above the age of 18 must also complete the Child Abuse/Neglect Central Resitry Form found here. You do not have to complete this form for volunteering at the Thrift Store. (The Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry check form must be filled out in ink and notarized.)
4. Once all forms have been completed AND notarized, it will take up to three weeks for all applications to be cleared. Please plan your volunteer event/project accordingly.
5. Send a list of all volunteers participanting to Alicia Froidl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have verified that we have received all the proper documentation for your group members, we will contact you to arrange a date and time.
If you have any questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact us at email@example.com.